- Rashtiya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
Under RKVY Department of AH & Vety, Mizoram is taken up the project of the followings :
- Piglet Multiplication Farm : A 200 sows unit Piglet Multiplication Farm was established at Thingsulthliah. The construction was funded by Government of India with a total financial outlay of Rs. 475 lakhs under RKVY. The farm is expected to produce more nos. and better breed of piglets to get sufficient piglets for pig farmers of Mizoram.
- Farmers Demonstration Centre, Bench Terracing and Field Channel Irrigation at Thenzawl Fodder Farm: With the project cost of Rs 109.00 lakhs, works on Bench Terracing and Field Channel Irrigation is going on with the purpose of better and more production of Fodders. And for demonstration to farmers.
For the current year of 2016 –2017
The proposed sanction under RKVY for various projects are
- Backyard Goatery farming – Rs. 44.50 lakhs
- Backyard Poultry farming – Rs. 15 lakhs
- Capacity building for in science vets and paravets – Rs. 14 lakhs
- Infrastructure and Assets – Rs 81 lakhs